WEIGHT AND NUMBER EQUATIONS
• Understanding of standard units – gram
• Weighing objects using a balance and standard units
• Determining sums and differences of weights
• Estimating the weight of an object and verifying using a balance
• Balancing number sentences
Contains weights of 50g, 20g, 10g x 2, 5g, 2g x 2 and 1g. 10 Plastic cubes of 1g each. A hand-held measuring balance with weights for children to understand the meaning of balancing, including that of equations and the need for standard units for measurement.
For 2 children / age 6-13 years